Children cannot thrive if they don't feel safe in the places where they live, play and study.
We work with residents, grassroots safety organizations, the Detroit Police Department, corporate partners, other citywide safety initiatives and youth to improve neighborhood-level safety and reduce crime, improve safe routes to school and reduce blight.
Goals and Strategies
To reach our goal of safer neighborhoods for children, we will:
- Lead a citywide safety conversation that does not criminalize or demonize young people
- Help build long-term capacity for an effective law-enforcement strategy
- Advance a targeted, problem-solving policing strategy
- Organize broad partnerships (especially among corporations & businesses) to support this work
- Help grow the work of resident leadership councils on safety, prioritizing the development of safe routes to school